Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 05:13:49PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 00:06 -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
>
> > BTW, the baz folks could get some very neat ideas from darcs.  The
> > "offline mode comes free" way of working is very nice, and the
> > branching being easier than Arch is nice, too.
>
> We have .. we're about 3 releases (~3 months) away from a full
> pull-style checkout that will bring all the history and be branchable
> via a simple cp.

That sounds very nice indeed.  If that pans out, and you also fix the UI
issues (by which I mean I have to type approximately three times as many
characters to accomplish the same thing that I do in darcs), that would
be very nice.  It would be helpful to everyone to have two VCs that are
as easily, and fully, distributed as darcs.

Would you also preserve the content of each patch in its entirety, like
darcs does, or would you only preserve the log in its entirety and have
an aggregate patch only (like tla does)?

> This is part of our convergence with the bzr design, as bzr proves each
> point we're bringing it into baz - quite successfully so far.

bzr == bazaar-ng?