Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

[Matt Zimmerman]
> I don't have any hard statistics, but here are some random examples of
> patches whose development was sponsored by Canonical, were tested and proven
> in Ubuntu, were proactively submitted to Debian by an Ubuntu developer, and
> remain in debbugs months later without comment from the maintainer:

This one got lots of comments from the defacto maintainer of the
shadow package, Christian Perrier.

This one was left in silence.

So half of the random examples were left in silence, and the other
half got serious considerations.  Good to know.