Re: Proposal: Bringing volatile in shape for sarge

Another package for the 'volatile' or 'volatile-sloppy' list would be
iso-codes.

One purpose of the iso-codes package is to separate out data that would
change over the course of a distribution, such as country and currency
names, from applications that may use that data. Some applications may
break if a new currency name, for example, appears.

As iso-codes contains only the data and translations of the data, it
should be safe by design to upgrade.

Regards
Alastair McKinstry