[help needed] RAID and /dev advice needed

also sprach Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> [2005.05.24.0155 +0200]:
> > My (hack) solution is to remove those symlinks and replace them with
> > real device nodes (hardlinks don't work). To be able to confine this
> Ugly. If you can't fix it correctly then leave it broken.

You funny monkey you. Leave it broken == leave 2 RC bugs == delay
sarge since mdadm is enough of a reason to do so.

Granted, it will not break in the normal use cases as it is, but it
might break.

So if my fix is unacceptable... really, no hard feelings will be
felt on my side if you step in an provide a real patch.

I checked out the source and opening is not hard... but mdadm also
creates device nodes and uses S_ISBLK all over the place, so I don't
really know whether adding a "|| S_ISLNK" will fix it.

Can someone please help?

`. `'`

"eine schlechte sache erregt, eine gute verträgt viel kritik."
                                                    -- charles tschopp