Re: Regarding unresponsive Debian maintainers (was: Re: Open-Source environments for Java)

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 04:30:49PM +0300, Cesar Martinez Izquierdo wrote:
> El Lunes 23 Mayo 2005 16:24, Hamish Moffatt escribió:
> > On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 01:56:07PM +0300, Cesar Martinez Izquierdo wrote:
> > > Remember that Debian maintainers' obligations include to track and solve
> > > all bugs, not only RC-bugs. If you are in lack of time, please consider
> > > to accept a co-maintainer or to orphan the package."
> >
> > A lot of bugs are forwarded upstream to be fixed. You shouldn't expect
> > the Debian maintainer to be able to fix any and all bugs in any package.
>
> I was refering to bugs *WITHOUT ACTIVITY* (that is, ignored bugs).
> Forward the bug upstream *IS* activity.

With reference to your paragraph above, does forwarding the bug qualify
as "tracking and solving bugs"?

I am not intending to nitpick. I thought you were asking that Debian
developers actually fix all bugs. If that was not your intention then
I misread you.

Hamish