Re: Entries in Packages files that lack a Source field

> Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> The detection of binary NMUs is currently, among others, using the
>> debian version of a package and guessing from its form. What is a
>> binary NMU and what not is not aparent from the Packages file. It has
>> been suggested to insert Source: entries pointing to the original
>> source of an binary NMU instead.
>
> Yes, by me. It's not related to this issue; the problem there is that
> dpkg thinks the "source" is 2.1.3-16.0.1. It will happily include a
> Source: line to that effect when it can't be inferred from the
> Version: field.
>
> Cheers,
> aj

Yes. But that misconception of dpkg makes it impossible to guess the
Source: entry or alraedy gives a wrong Source entry.

If it weren't for this then patching grep-dctrl or post-processing the
output (like your awk script) would work.

MfG
        Goswin