Subject: RFS: eaccelerator - PHP script cacher
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 00:43:06 -0400
From: Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net>
To: Debian Mentors <debian-mentors@lists.debian.org>
CC: ola@opalsys.net

Greetings debian-mentors (and Ola),

Short story: after a recent upgrade of my server from Woody to Sarge,
along with going from horde2 to horde3, I noticed that my PHP
performance sucked :-(   I embarked on a quest to learn about PHP
performance tuning, and decided (among other things) to install a
caching program.  There is currently no cahcing program for PHP
scripts in the Debian archive, so I packaged it up and am seeking a
sponsor.

Details:

Package name: eacclereator
License: GPL2
 eAccelerator is a free open source PHP accelerator,
 optimizer, encoder and dynamic content cache for PHP.
 It increases performance of PHP scripts by caching them
 in compiled state, so that the overhead of compiling is
 almost completely eliminated. Also it uses some
 optimizations to speed up execution of PHP scripts.
 eAccelerator typically reduces server load and increases
 the speed of your PHP code by 1-10 times.
 .
 eAccelerator is a fork of TurckMMCache
 ( http://sourceforge.net/project/turckmm-cache/  )
 .
 For more information see the eAccelerator homepage at
 http://eaccelerator.net/HomeUk

You can get the binary and source packages from here:

deb http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr/debian/ sarge main
deb-src http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr/debian/ sarge main

-Roberto

--