Re: Ubuntu and its "appropriation" of Debian maintainers

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 01:48:26PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 08:34:09PM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
> > PS. This is not a troll against Ubuntu.
> In that case, can I ask why you addressed your concerns to debian-devel,
> rather than to the parties responsible for the web pages you found
> objectionable?
> The result (which may or may not have been the intent) seems to have been to
> stir up emotion among Debian developers, rather than to have the Launchpad
> website changed.

Matt, I think that's kind of harsh.  It's perfectly appropriate for him
to ask on debian-devel whether anyone else cares about this sort of
thing.  After all, it does affect all of us.  Besides that, I didn't see
anyone from Ubuntu ever make a general announcement to Debian developers
about who they should contact if they have concerns about things like
this, and there isn't any contact information on the launchpad site.

Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic@debian.org>