Re: woody-to-sarge test upgrade

Hi Bill,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 07:48:00PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Before I do more testing, I would like to make sure I know the proper
> procedure:

> 1) What is the recommend way to perform such upgrade ?

I guess you've already got the answer for this.

> 2) How can I produce useful problem report ?

If there are easily discernable upgrade problems that are package-specific,
please file bugs on those packages directly.  Otherwise, you can file a bug
on the pseudo-package upgrade-reports, including as much info as possible,
and we'll try to sort it out.  At a minimum, we would want the command line
you ran for the upgrade, the version of the packaging tool in question that
was installed at the time, and any problems that you found after upgrade
(i.e., missing packages, regressions in functionality, ...)  Ideally, if
packages were removed that you believe should not have been, we would want
to see a full transcript of the upgrade.

Bugs filed against upgrade-reports are forwarded to the debian-testing
mailing list; people interested in helping to process these reports are
encouraged to subscribe to that list.

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek