Re: Upgrade dependencies of a package

Shaun Jackman <sjackman@gmail.com> writes:

> Does apt-get have a command to upgrade all the dependencies of a
> package? Currently I use 'apt-cache show package' and upgrade each of
> the dependencies one by one, but it seems to me this is a job for
> apt-get if ever there was one. If this requires a new command, perhaps
> 'apt-get upgrade package' or 'apt-get upgrade-dep package'.

I may be misunderstanding your question, but in my experience, apt-get
install <package> will upgrade dependencies as needed.  I'm not sure if
this works in your situation, though, depending on what sort of pinning
you're dealing with, so if that isn't the right answer, more details would
be useful.