Re: All GPL'ed programs have to go to non-free

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 12:24 am, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> In GR2004-004, Proposal D to revert GR2004-003 did get a 2.3:1 majority
> by the developers over the proposal to keep the changes of GR2004-003.
> That's a pretty clear statement.

  Adrian,

  I believe that you are misrepresenting the outcome of -004.  The proposal to
postpone the changes till after the release, then reinstate them, defeated
option D  (rescind -003) by a 2:1 majority.  The only options I can see that
D defeated by a 2.3:1 majority are option F (do nothing at all) and Further
Discussion, which all the voters had been told would result in a further
delay of the Sarge release.

  Daniel

--
/------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> ------------------\
|              "The problem with LaTeX is that your answers                 |