Re: Bug#304570: ITP: codeblocks -- Code::Blocks is a free C/C++ IDE built
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#304570: ITP: codeblocks -- Code::Blocks is a free C/C++ IDE built
- From: Hilko Bengen <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:24:23 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20050414041234.XGTG26128.email@example.com> (Francois-Denis Gonthier's message of "Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:12:02 -0400")
- References: <20050414041234.XGTG26128.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Francois-Denis Gonthier <email@example.com> writes:
> Code::Blocks is a free C/C++ IDE built specifically to meet the most
> demanding needs of its users. It has been designed, right from the
> start, to be extensible and configurable... Code::Blocks is built
> around a plugin framework that allows it to be extended through the
> use of external libraries (plugins). Actually, much of Code::Blocks
> functionality already available, is provided by plugins.
> Code::Blocks even includes a plugin creation wizard to help you
> create your own plugins easily!
Geez, you have just descibed Emacs. Or have you? ;-)
Please try to tell the user what the program does and perhaps at what
kinds of users it is targeted. An "everything is possible" approach
will not lead the user to decide whether or not he should give the
tool a try.