Detecting the installed MTA

Hello,

During packaging, that is, during the installation of a package, I need to
determine which MTA is currently installed, since I need to set certain
permissions specific to my package, so that they match with those of the
currently running MTA.

Looking through /etc/passwd for signs of MTA specific users seems a less than
optimal way of doing things, and google hasn't produced any obvious ideas, so I
would love some input.

Thanks.

--
Søren O.                                           ,''`.
                                                  : :' :