Re: How to find out why a package was removed from testing?

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 07:28:35PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I find out why a package was removed from testing?  I tried to
> find this out for wwwoffle, and looked at

This type of information is unfortunately not readily available, you can
find it in some ftp-master logfiles (/org/ftp.debian.org on merkel)
certainly, but that's not reasy.

The plan is to use the newly created debian-testing-changes mailinglist
for notifications of this kind, but it simply hasn't happened yet.

Finding out why a package is not (re-)entering testing though, is easy:

> - its open bugs (one RC, but worked on)

Right, but open for 47 days already. If for this amount of days an RC
bug is open and nobody seems to have cared enough to fix it or even
provide a patch, I think it's justified hinting it out of sarge.

If it's fixed, wwwoffle might re-enter testing (if the fixed version
is ready in time), if not, well, it'll stay out.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl