Re: Should Debian use lsb init-functions?

Le Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:06:19 -0600, Ron Johnson a écrit :

> On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 06:31 +0200, Alban Browaeys wrote:

>> > *blink*, wow... why isn't this like on by default, and the package in
>> > question installed by default?
>>
>> well because if you boot in single user mode it will log all your root
>> session for example.
>
> Sounds like a good thing to me!

well that was a bit short so to respect mike works:
On 2004.04.04 21:26, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> You wouldn't have to hack /sbin/sulogin itself.  All you would have
> to do is add a line to /etc/inittab right *before* the sulogin, which
> triggers only in single-user mode:

Sure, but that means editting /etc/inittab in postinst. I don't
disagree, but there is a bug open against sysvinit that asks for
inittab being a conffile which means postinst cannot edit it.

Besides, I've decided bootlogd sucks anyway.

It would be much better if /etc/init.d/rc simply started the
scripts in /etc/rc?.d directories through a script(1) like wrapper.

The wrapper would write to /var/log/boot.log directly if it was
writable. Otherwise it would connect to a bootlogd-like
in-memory buffer process through a UNIX socket or pipe, spawning
it if it didn't run yet. Much less fragile.

Mike.

This looks great in my opinion (i always agree with upstream :) no
kidding ). Much like dmesg. I feel showing verbose message is good only
that ojn current best one have to be superman to follow the flood !

Alban