Re: How to detect which user is connected to $DISPLAY

* Michelle Konzack:

> curently I am coding a tool which run from cron (as root) periodicly
> and if a $USER is loged into X it shows Messages.
>
> My Problem is, HOW to find the $USER who is connected to a $DISPLAY.

$USER should start a program that connects to some daemon, from which
it receives the messages.  Anything else is just a gross hack,
insecure and likely to break in terminal server environments.

(You probably should look into D-BUS, too.)