discrepancies between uploaded and source-built .deb

I'm doing something that involves building every Debian package,
and I'm finding (usually minor) discrepancies between what I build
from source packages, and the binary packages uploaded by
maintainers.  I'm building each package in its own chroot which
contains only the minimum packages (bootstrap + build-essential +

Are such things considered bugs?

Also, what is the policy on the relationship between source
packages and binary packages.  May two source package both produce
the same binary package?

Karl 2005-03-22 18:24