discrepancies between uploaded and source-built .deb

Hi,

I'm doing something that involves building every Debian package,
and I'm finding (usually minor) discrepancies between what I build
from source packages, and the binary packages uploaded by
maintainers.  I'm building each package in its own chroot which
contains only the minimum packages (bootstrap + build-essential +
build-dependencies).

Are such things considered bugs?

Also, what is the policy on the relationship between source
packages and binary packages.  May two source package both produce
the same binary package?

--
Karl 2005-03-22 18:24