Re: NEW handling ...

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 08:20:40PM +0100, David Schmitt wrote:
> kernel-latest-2.6-hppa 2.6.8-1
>  source hppa unstable
>  1 month Kyle McMartin
>
> debian-kernel managed kernel-image tracker packages seem to be called
> kernel-image-$ver-$subarch (e.g. kernel-image-2.6-686). Debian should strive
> to unify this as much as possible. REJECT. No wait, REJECTing this out of
> hand would lead to a pissed maintainer filling FMs mailbox. FMs are not
> debian-mentor, just let it rot, perhaps someone can clue him in...

Excuse me?

Last I looked, I was in a far better position to judge what should and
shouldn't be. Don't see you in LDAP, nor in NM... Perhaps you should sod off
and keep your arm chair commentary to a minimum.

Where did I leave that surgical clue by four...

If you had actually _looked_ before you opened your dumb mouth, you'd
notice the difference between a source and binary package, and see that
all kernel-latest-2.6 provides is transition packages. To make you
look even more stupid, why don't you take a look in the archive?

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=kernel-latest&searchon=sourcenames&subword=1&version=all&release=all

What's this? Other architectures doing the same thing? Better clue all them
in too!

Lots of love,
	Kyle M.