debian development diagram: major rework!

Hi all you folks who have exercised your fingers and eyes because of
'vancouvor',
In my quest to see how things work, I have made some major revision to
my diagram.
http://debian.home.pipeline.com/
the new diagram is newdebian2.png
any comment appreciated (before the whole shebang is outdated)

Also, in lieu of the recent events, I have my own 2 yen.

*reducing mirroring of archs reduces cost and load on mirrors but
this does not remove load on debian ftpmasters,security or release teams:

arch support decisions can not be based upon downloads or availability:

*there are few s390 built compared to x86 by many orders of magnitude.
This goes for m68k,sparc,alpha and other.

*some folks use apt-proxy and such which makes non-i386 counts far less
accurate beside the fact of woody popcon.

*there is stuff to get on ebay or things like the trenton computer fair
that will be available for many years

*people in NPO,school, or the 3rd world will have i386,i486,P I,P
II, P III, P IV while IBM or HP will buy/lease 64 engines.  so do we
drop x86-32bit? Most of the x86 packages are i386 based but we could
bump it up to i686 for etch or 64bit for etch+1 making many folks happy.
but then what about the other folks?

*embedded arch -
	# packages in each arch is not the same. e.g. silo will
never be built for x86,lilo will not be build for sparc:  This
is part of the release process!

ways to reduce load on release team:

	all archs do not have 100% of the packages for i386, so
	why can't we make some less used packages not be RC for
	the slower arch

	maybe not build some resource-problematic packages for
	slower arch.

	Also, if an arch is mostly server or embedded, why build
	all non-(server|embedded) packages for it (gnome-arm,kino-mips).

And for my last piece de resistance: communication improvement through
email and documentation:
	add virtual packages in the BTS for:
		maintainer, teams, developers, buildd people

		USE CASES:
		a maintainer notice a buildd is down, makes a bug report on
		'arm-buildd' which is sent to that person and maybe
		other folks - release manager, dpl, etc

		maintainer is not responding to patches, so user files
		bug on $MAINTAINER and is forwarded to DPL or DAMs

		arch needs buildd and no response from release team,
		so add a bug on RELASE-team and forward to DPL

		maintainer is not responding to security announcement
		or the package is not keeping up with upstream
		and a NMU is needed, a bug is filed because of the
		non-responiveness. many NUM bug's should lead to a
		maintainer being asked why s/he can't keep up.
		which may lead to packakge being abandoned, removed,
		co-maintained.

		a packages is stuck in NEW, the maintainer is not
		getting any answers, so files a bug against FTPmaster
		and this is forwarded to DPL

		etc.

anyway. I cant wait for sarge, thanks to everyone who made it possible!

may Debian live long and prosper! (funny trekie hand expression here)
-Kev
--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!