Re: [Proposal] $arch release assistants

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 01:01:44AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Hello Debian-developer,
>
> I have a modest proposal to reduce the burden of the multiple
> architectures on the Release team. This is based on the following
> assumptions:

Yep, great proposal, i think this would also be a solution. Notice the
following exchange i had with vorlon (Steve Langasek) on irc though :

  10:26 < svenl> vorlon: would you take per-arch-release managers if they
  offered themself up ?
  10:27 < svenl> release-manager-assistant or something such ?
  10:28 < vorlon> svenl: I think it'd be better if we first had active porter
  teams working to address the criteria mentioned in the mail
  10:29 < svenl> vorlon: you know, you antagonized all the porters by that
  email, and the criterias are mostly bogus since not backed by analysis and
  how they solve real problems instead of imagined ones.
  10:31 < vorlon> svenl: <shrug> I don't really care if you consider these
  issues "imagined" or not; *most* of those criteria are grounded in
  real-world concerns, and I don't really consider them negotiable

But let's hope that this, together with my own proposal to handle tier-2
arches testing and possibly releases i will post soon may help here, will help
bring things forward.

Friendly,

Sven luther