Re: Do not make gratuitous source uploads just to provoke the bui ldds!

David Schmitt wrote:

>1) people realize that $arch won't be REGULAR for etch because the
>people working on a release don't want to handhold it through testing
>and autobuilding is too slow to properly keep up.

Even not considering the problem I see with the Vancouver proposal
regarding Debian identity and quality, I think *this* is one of the
greatest problems: how much is this a problem with autobuilding being
slow? Autobuilding being slow is a problem that has a number of
interesting, _techinical_ solutions as, eg, incremental building,
ccache, distcc, etc.

And I had not a good answer on why such an important item (KDE taking 12
days to compile on m68k???) was not addressed.

A non-clean ccache, keeping .o files between successive would give a lot
of boost on this.

HTH,

Massa