Re: Required firewall support

Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> writes:

> It seems what makes Thomas suspicous is that of all current ports of
> Debian (Linux, *BSD, GNU/Hurd), the only one that might be affected is
> GNU/Hurd - this requirement is therefore either void for all current
> Debian ports or it was meant specifically against GNU/Hurd.

I'm not so much suspicious as simply asking what the requirement means
("firewalling support" could refer to many different features), and
also why it was added.

I'm assuming that the requirements were written for their own sake,
because they represent important things that are relevant to the
particular cases they cover, and not because the authors of the
proposal were trying to achieve some pre-determined list of archs.

Thomas