Re: arch-specific packages and the new SCC requirements

Thomas Bushnell BSG writes:
> The Debian Hurd project has another category that should be excluded
> because they are kernel-specific.  (The current list on the web page is
> update, makedev, ld.so, modconf, modutils, netbase, pcmcia-cs, procps,
> ppp, pppconfig, setserial.

Pppconfig is not kernel-specific.  It's just a little Perl program that
edits some PPP files.  While I have never tried it, I see no reason why it
wouldn't work on Solaris or BSD.

I'm quite surprised that the Hurd still doesn't support PPP.
--
John Hasler