dropping lpr-ppd from sarge

hi

I am the mantainer of 'lpr-ppd'

'lpr-ppd' is a daemon similar to 'lpr' ;
it was developed as part of project  GNULPR
(see http://lpr.sf.net  )

unfortunately, after the dot-com crisis ,
the project died

I have been keeping alive other packages from
GNULPR , which I use ; I am not wishing to keep
alive 'lpr-ppd'  for these reasons :

- there are valid alternatives: all other GNULPR
 tools work fine when the daemon is 'lprng' or 'lpr'

- 'lpr-ppd' is a daemon : there may be security issues
 with it in the future, and I am not a security expert

- popularity contest shows that it is used by a scarce
 number of users

- for those users,  the change from 'lpr-ppd' to 'lprng'
 or 'lpr' is a breeze

a.

ps: please CC me when replying

--
Andrea Mennucc
 "Ukn ow,Ifina llyfixe dmysp acebar.ohwh atthef"