Re: s390 not currently projected releasable (was: Re: Dropping from mirror network vs dropping from tier-1)

Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> writes:

> Another architecure that isn't keeping up to the 98% mark has a buildd
> mainainter who insists (to the point of threating) that I don't build
> and upload packages to help the build with its backlog and lack of
> requeueing.

So?  A buildd maintainer doesn't have a veto over other people
uploading binary builds of packages.  W-b and buildd's do not have a
monopoly over binary NMUs; the procedures are well documented in the
Developer's Reference.  Seems to me that either the package maintainer
or the porting team should be consulted, but given that, the buildd
has no special status or authority.  It's a nice thing, but it's not
the only way to upload binary NMUs.

Thomas