On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 10:39:24AM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 08:45:09PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > To be eligible for inclusion in the archive at all, even in the
> > (unstable-only) SCC archive, ftpmasters have specified the following
> > architecture requirements:

> > [...]

> > - binary packages must be built from the unmodified Debian source
> >   (required, among other reasons, for license compliance)

> Is this a simple sanity requirement (i.e. no hacked crap being
> uploaded to the archive), or does it imply that all packages in base
> (or base + build-essential) need to be buildable from unmodified
> source?

I assume what you're asking here is whether non-GNU/Linux ports have to
have the same base system as the GNU/Linux ports do.  This was not
implied.  The implication here is that you can't have a separate version
of the same source package for your architecture just because the
maintainer isn't willing to accept patches.

> > - the port must demonstrate that they have at least 50 users

> How do you demonstrate that?  Via popularity-contest?

<shrug> collect a list of names? :)  Doesn't seem that hard to me, is
there any reason you think it would be?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer