Re: Key management using a USB key

hi,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 02:19:46PM +0100, Erik Schanze wrote:
> Your fingers lie on a bloody wound. ;-)
>
> There was ITP #187548 for newpg, but was closed last summer.

aha.

> Please reopen it and make a package for newpg to make KMail-Users happy.
> If you have not enough time, would you sponsor such package?

i would be willing to do so only if james thought it was okay (it's his
package, so it's his call).  i think what would need to be done would
be something along the lines of:

- create a source package gnupg2
- gnupg2 *only* produces package(s?) for the peripheral binar(y|ies)
- when gnupg releases an official version 2, james uploads a new gnupg
  that replaces the previous source package (or would it have to have
  the same name?), and generates all binary packages.

james:  thoughts?

also, istr seeing something about gnupg2 needing a new version of some
library already present in debian.  if that's the case, i don't think
this will fly at all.

that said, there's nothing wrong with hosting binary packages somewhere
else and if you do so without breaking my system i'll try them and
build support for gpg-agent into the keyloader scripts.

	sean