Re: Sarge release (Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 07:23:33PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org):
> > Hello all,
> >
> > As promised earlier on -project[0], after the release team/ftpmaster
> > team meeting-of-minds last weekend, we have some news to share with the
> > rest of the project.
> >
> > First, the news for sarge.  As mentioned in the last release team
>

> It looks like the giant noise generated by this mail (I sometimes
> wonder whether some people are in Debian just to make noise and
> criticize every action as long as it doesn't fit exactly with their
> point of view.....) has hidden the first topic : we nearly have a
> realease schedule and sarge release is becoming more and more reality.

Yes, but the utherly arrogant and despreciating way in how this announcement
was made didn't leave another issue. Imagine we decided tomorrow to throw all
the i18n work out the window and decided to support only english for etch.
This is the same kind of announcement for the alternative arches.

No data on what exactly the problems where, no data on the correlation of
those problems on the proposed drastic solutions, no minutes of the meeting,
no previous announcement to involve the porters, nothing.

> May I ask to people who have jumped on the "architecture handling"
> topic to please consider also the great work made during this work
> session about *other* topics and maybe just say something about it
> also....:)
>
> Anyway, I take this opportunity to thank the involved people for their
> time and work as well as their commitment to the project.

Yep, but even on the d-i team, it seems the work of all those non-first-tier
arches was worthless after all, and not taken in consideration.

Friendly,

Sven Luther