Re: Do not make gratuitous source uploads just to provoke the buildds!

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 14:42:33 +0100, Ingo Juergensmann
<ij@2005.bluespice.org> wrote:
> Been there, done that.
> The short answer: "We don't want anyone else to play in our playground!"
> The longer answer: "More machines mean more work for the the buildd admin.
> Additional buildd admins for those archs are not wanted, because that would
> need communication between the buildd admins."
>
> Because w-b admins are the same persons as the buildd admin for certain
> archs which give regular problems, you can guess, where the real problem
> lies.

Given that there is all this discussion about putting the
responsibility for keeping up, security updates and releasing back
onto the porters, maybe they should also be given the right to manage
and setup as many autobuilders as they see fit.