On Monday 14 March 2005 12:45, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Op ma, 14-03-2005 te 12:38 +0100, schreef David Schmitt:
> > On Monday 14 March 2005 11:28, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > > In this case, it was a bug that required human intervention, a package
> > > upload that accidentally would hose a chroot, which required the
> > > chroot to be repaired for each affected buildd.
> >
> > Even that can be mitigated by debootstrapping the chroot once a day
> > automatically.
>
> Not really. You are severely underestimating the time it takes to do
> that on the slower architectures.

A current pbuilder chroot takes 121 MB (containing build-essential already).

How long does a '(mv $chroot foo; rm -Rf foo & cp $stash $chroot)' take for
121 MB on $small-arch? Please enlighten me, I am really interested since I
(obviously) have no clue about the orders of magnitude of performance Debian
runs on.

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?