Re: Do not make gratuitous source uploads just to provoke the buildds!

* Hamish Moffatt (hamish@debian.org) [050314 01:45]:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 11:16:56PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > Our goal is that the queue gets empty from time to time, and so,
> > priority shouldn't prevent a package from being built.
>
> How often should the queue be emptied, or when will an architecture be
> declarared not-keeping-up?

In light of
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/03/msg00012.html
  the release architecture must have N+1 buildds where N is the number
  required to keep up with the volume of uploaded packages
at least once per day for etch.

> According to
> http://people.debian.org/~igloo/needs-build-graph/index.php?days=30
> arm hasn't been empty in over 3 weeks, and it's getting worse still.
> s390 is also rising steeply.

It is not only a question of days, but also, what expectations we have
for the architecture. If we e.g. know that in the next days a buildd
will be switched on again (as the buildd crashed, and the local admin is
away), we are of course a bit more tolerant. Also, vacations are
accepted.

Cheers,
Andi
--