Re: automake/autoconf in build-dependencies

Scripsit Kurt Roeckx

> And how can you know you can actually build it if you
> never tried it?

That's the point, actually: If I build-depend on autoconf, I *cannot*
know that it will actually build after the next update to autoconf,
because most likely nobody will try it.

When I provide a configure script in the source package it means, on
the contrary, that I *have* tried it and therefore has some kind of
evidence that it will probably work for other people too.

--
Henning Makholm                     "That's okay. I'm hoping to convince the
                      millions of open-minded people like Hrunkner Unnerby."