Re: Do not make gratuitous source uploads just to provoke the buildds!

Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 05:03:55PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > If, perhaps, there was a clear indication of the buildd ordering
> > policy, then it could be properly used.  Until then, I go on the basis
> > of guesswork.
>
> You were *told*[1] to wait. Do not fall back to guesswork when someone
> knowingly like Steve Langasek tells you what to do. Ignoring what gets
> told to you by a release manager, and instead doing some uninformed
> guesswork is not helping the release.
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2005/03/msg00047.html

You are misreading that message.

In that message, Steve is advising me to wait for the buildd's to
clean up the xfree86-common chroot mess, and saying not that a
reupload does nothing, but instead is saying that further email to the
buildd maintainers is unnecessary.

Thomas