Which .debconfrc is actually used?

Hi,

I am currently experimenting with debconf database overloading. I am
working as user "mh", and my ~mh/.debconfrc is the following:

Config: configdb
Templates: templatedb

Name: config
Driver: File
Mode: 644
Reject-Type: password
Filename: /var/cache/debconf/config.dat

Name: passwords
Driver: File
Mode: 600
Backup: false
Required: false
Accept-Type: password
Filename: /var/cache/debconf/passwords.dat

Name: mylocal
Driver: File
Mode: 644
Reject-Type: password
Filename: /home/mh/.my/share/debconf/config.dat

Name: configdb
Driver: Stack
Stack: config, passwords, mylocal

Name: templatedb
Driver: File
Mode: 644
Filename: /var/cache/debconf/templates.dat

/home/mh/.my/share/debconf/config.dat contains an excerpt from a
config.dat file from another system, having all stanzas refering to
exim4 and exim4-config.

When I do apt-get install exim4 on woody, this works fine - the
questions are not asked, the answers from
/home/mh/.my/share/debconf/config.dat taken, resulting in a silent
custom installation of exim4.

When I do the same on woody, /home/mh/.my/share/debconf/config.dat is
ignored, the questions are asked via the frontend. However, when I
copy ~mh/.debconfrc to /root/.debconfrc, overloading works fine.

However, this kind of defeats the purpose since I would affect all
users invoking sudo apt-get install with my overloaded database. The
woody behavior is better, but is an obvious security risk.

Is there a way to have a by-user .debconfrc on sid when invoking
apt-get via sudo?

Greetings
Marc