Re: NoX idea

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 09:04:21AM +0100, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> > Well, my point was to have a common predefined way of doing it: once you
> > install kdm (or someone else), or move to xdm or whatever, you still can
> > disable the start of X by putting nox in the command line, instead of having
> > to erase the links in rc2.d.
> Acutally there should be no link in runlevel 2 to start a *dm because
> runlevel 2 is for console only mode.

Thats not true. Read the Debian Policy. Its just that some other
distributions use runlevel 2 for console mode. In Debian thats all up to
the user/administrator of the system.  Of course we can change this but
its not true currently.

Michael
--
Java Trap: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/java-trap.html