Re: Any reason why I'm not CCed by bugs of my packages?

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 03:03:36AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Joel Aelwyn wrote:
>
> >I just make it a regular habit to scan my packages via the web interface,
> >if only to remind myself about the wishlist bugs sitting on some of them.
> Sure, that's why I detected the bug just in time, but this personal
> habit is no excuse that a function of the BTS might work or might
> work not.
>
> >Nothing's perfect.
> Sure - but arent we here to report and fix bugs - also the bugs
> of the BTS?  I do not understand your posting.

Mostly it was pointing out that there is a workaround people should
consider making a habit, while the known but hard to replicate (and thus,
hard to debug) error is being hunted.

Heisenbugs should definitely be reported, and I didn't mean to imply
otherwise; my apologies if it came across that way. But this one has been
around a while specifically because it's a Heisenbug in a system that is,
even without that, a very complex problem domain that crosses network,
machine, and administrative boundaries, any one (or more!) of which could
be involved.
--
Joel Aelwyn <fenton@debian.org>                                       ,''`.
                                                                     : :' :