Re: NoX idea

Scripsit Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>

>> is "rm /etc/rc2.d/S99gdm" not easy enough for you ?

> Easy enough for me in my system. It would be nice to have a standard way
> of telling the system to not start X on any Debian system while keeping
> X start up being the default without the need of messing
> with /etc/rc?.d/ and/or /etc/inittab.

Why? Using runlevels and appropriate local configuration of the rcN.d
links *is* the official, standard, supported way of controlling which
services get started when on Debian system (and most other unices with
System V-like boot procedures).

--
Henning Makholm                              "En tapper tinsoldat. En dame i
                                         spagat. Du er en lykkelig mand ..."