Re: what is /.udev for ?

[Tollef Fog Heen]
> Assume makes an ass of u an' me.

Why do people keep circulating this saying?  It makes no sense.
Normally, assuming only ever has the power to make an ass of the person
who did the assuming, i.e. "me", not "u and me".  And even then, it's
not like you could get very far in life without making any assumptions,
so at best even that part is only sometimes true.  Is the trick of
splitting a word into 3 words (one of which isn't spelled correctly
anyway) really considered clever enough to be funny when it yields
nonsense?