Bug#292643: ITP: cl-s-xml -- simple Common Lisp XML parser
Owner: Luca Capello <firstname.lastname@example.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
* Package name : cl-s-xml
Version : 3+cvs.2005.01.27
Upstream Author : Sven Van Caekenberghe <email@example.com>
* URL : http://common-lisp.net/project/s-xml/
* License : Lisp LGPL
Description : simple Common Lisp XML parser
S-XML is a Common Lisp implementation of a simple XML parser, with
a SAX-like and DOM interface.
This XML parser implementation has the following features:
* It works (handling many common XML usages).
* It is very small (the core is about 400 lines of code, including
comments and whitespace).
* It has a core API that is simple, efficient and pure functional, much
like that from SSAX (see also http://ssax.sourceforge.net).
* It supports different DOM models: an XSML-based one, an LXML-based one
and a classic xml-element struct based one.
* It is reasonably time and space efficient (internally avoiding garbage
generatation as much as possible).
This XML parser implementation has the following limitations:
* It does not support CDATA.
* Only supports simple character sets.
* It does not support name spaces
* It does not support any special tags (like processing instructions).
* It is not validating, even skips DTD's all together.
I already packaged it, it's available on my unofficial Debian repository:
My GPG key is 6D742669, http://keyserver.linux.it or http://luca.pca.it,
key fingerprint 10CD 0397 6DBE 1E36 DEA3 72CC 540A 7B5E 6D74 2669
The package is based on other cl-* packages, I followed the "Debian
New Maintainers' Guide" and it's lintian checked.
This is my first *official* Debian package, it will be follow ASAP by
cl-gtk (which needs to be checked for some little Debian things). I
haven't wrote to the sponsor list yet, because AFAIK most of the cl-*
packages are updated by Kevin M. Rosenberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>, so maybe
he'd be direct interested in sponsoring me (or whatever the best for
this and the other cl-* packages I'm going to ITP).
I'm here for any other questions, suggestions, etc.
Gismo / Luca
- -- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (990, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.10-mh2
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----