Re: Release update: kde3.3, upload targets, kernels, infrastructure

On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 01:27:59PM +0900, Kenshi Muto wrote:
> Release-update of this month sounds really nice for me :-)

> At Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:11:03 -0800,
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Many of these security bugs have been fixed in unstable, and are just
> > waiting to propagate to testing -- largely blocked by missing builds for
> > the mipsel architecture.  This architecture has been hard pressed to
> > keep up with the package volume over the past few months.  In the long
> > term, additional build power is clearly needed for this architecture;
> > but in the short term, I would encourage maintainers to think twice
> > before uploading fixes for non-release critical bugs, to give some of
> > these higher-priority builds a chance to complete.

> I can offer buildd of mipsel and other architectures.
> I'm trying to contact wanna-build maintainers (elmo, neuro, and
> ftpmasters) since 2 week over ago, but anyone makes no reponse yet.
> Is this another release blocker? :-)

Well, if we could guarantee that release-related uploads were given high
priority for building (which will be the case once t-p-u and testing-stable
are live), then I don't see any reason that the current mipsel buildds
would be unable to keep up with *that* volume.  So I don't think this is a
release blocker; it might be, but until we know for sure, it seems to me
that getting wanna-build set up for sarge is of greater importance.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer