Re: Reboot in postinst

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:09:46 -0300, Diogo Kollross wrote:
> Is there a problem in using something like
>
>   shutdown -r now
>
> inside a postinst script of a package?

So I dist-upgrade, and it upgrades 12 packages. Your postinst runs before
any of the other 11. The computer reboots immediately in your postinst.
When do the other 11 postinst's run?

Besides the philosophical problems with rebooting without permission,
the administrator action that you're trying to avoid will be necessary
*anyway* when he has to apt-get -f install or dpkg --configure -a the
other 11 packages.

-Ken Bloom