Re: Reboot in postinst

This reminds me of a horror story at a place I used to work.  I was
browsing the 'Net on one of our production servers (this thing served
hundreds of banks around the world).  I was looking for some fix or SP
for NT.  I came across this site that started installing Flash Player.
 It installed it, then a window popped up saying that it was
restarting the system, OOPS!. No confirmation, no double checking,
just too bad so sad, bye bye.  It's funny now, but it caused lots of
damage at the time.

Moral of the story:  NEVER SHUTDOWN OR REBOOT WITHOUT ASKING.

Dave