Bug#291263: ITP: gaim-otr -- Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging plugin for gaim
* Package name : gaim-otr
Version : 1.0.3
Upstream Authors: Nikita Borisov and Ian Goldberg <email@example.com>
* URL : http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/
* License : GPL v2
Description : Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging plugin for gaim
This gaim plugin enables Off-the-Record (OTR) messaging.
OTR allows you to have private conversations over IM by providing:
- No one else can read your instant messages.
- You are assured the correspondent is who you think it is.
- The messages you send do _not_ have digital signatures that are
checkable by a third party. Anyone can forge messages after a
conversation to make them look like they came from you. However,
_during_ a conversation, your correspondent is assured the messages
he sees are authentic and unmodified.
- Perfect forward secrecy
- If you lose control of your private keys, no previous conversation
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (90, 'unstable')
Architecture: powerpc (ppc)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.11-rc1-mm1
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968)