Re: hwcap supporting architectures?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 10:09:03PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  What that means is that you need to make about 2000 stat(2) calls to
>  get _anywhere_ near what's measurable by a human and about 20000 to
>  start getting said human annoyed.

I agree with you, but dont forget that this micro benchmark does not really
measure the overall effect on the system (i.e. to other programs, to the
number of meta data updates, cach useage) and it does not take into account
slow or unreachable path components (nfs).

So it might be actually noticeable on normal systems (I doubt it). Just dont
stop anyone volunteering from fixing it. I for one are happy if the strace
of a process keeps readable in finite time, so do system administrators with
auditing turned on.

Greetings
Bernd
--