Re: Serious problem with the tty terminal - HELP!

Hi,

This should be debian-user question.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 03:03:48PM +0100, Bjorn Johansson wrote:
> I have a problem with the text (tty) terminals. The problem is that if I move
> from the x-server to an tty text terminal I can't go back and I can't switch
> to another tty terminal either. The only way to get back to X is to kill the
> x-server.
>
> This problem has arised since I deleted all files i /lib. Then I reinstalled
> the gnome and kde system with the apt tool. And I have also reinstalled
> the base system, but it seems I've missed something, because this is not the
> default behaviour after a fresh install.

OK.  Try again. :-)  You still have X and xterm.

> And when I mean a fresh install, I
> mean installing from scratch with an empty harddisk.

One idea is to use aptitude to re-install all the packages.  You still
have /var/cache.

First, I suggest you to do back up of data.  You may want to keep it.

Osamu