Re: Intent to mass-file bugs: FDL/incorrect copyright files

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> The hammer is your extremely limited vocabulary for classifying
> computer-related things. Suddenly you've classified everything as
> software and lost any subtlety of documentation versus programs
> versus data etc.

The fact that programs, documentation, and data are all software, does
not mean that I (or Manoj) have lost subtlety.  I can, for example,
distinguish between programs, documentation, and data just fine, using
those words.

I think that makes my vocabulary more subtle, because you seem to lack
a word to describe what programs, documentation, and data have in
common, and that has prevented you from discussing them together.

Thomas