Re: debian.org e-mail address and SPF/SRS

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 12:15:19AM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> I am facing a problem with my ISP started filtering incoming mails with
> SPF.  Since AOL adopted it, it seems becoming quite popular as I see it.

[...]

> SPF has known issue with e-mail forwarder such as pobox.com.  I think
> debian.org mail address is no exception.  This is expected behavior.
>
> Since debian.org address is used frequently used to receive debian bug
> report, this is not a desirable situation.  Unless some serious concern
> was raised here, I think implementing SRS[3] type infrastructure will be
> nice.
>
> If you know easy way to avoid this problem exists, please let me know.
> (Changing ISP is certainly an option.)

That's more or less your option.  Your current ISP feels that it is
market-advantageous to do that for all it's customers, seemingly without a
means for you to turn it off if you don't want it.  As such, your option
would be to firstly talk to your ISP about their practice, and explain
that you, as a customer, do not want this service.  If they are not amenable
to providing you with the service you want, then you would be well advised
to move to an ISP that will provide you with the service you want.  Only
time will tell if SPF will be a great marketing draw-card or not.

- Matt