Re: Incorrect use of "it's" in package control files -- file mass bug?

"John H. Robinson, IV" <jaqque@debian.org> writes:

> Brian Nelson wrote:
> >
> > Heh.  As if any self-respecting Canadian would *ever* refer to
> > themselves as "American"...
>
> Nice evasion. I asked a bona-fide Canadian if he was American. He said
> North American.

How is that an evasion?  Nobody has disputed that "North American"
includes people from both Canada and the United States.  As I
mentioned, the term "norteamericano" is used in Mexico to mean Canada
and the United States, though in general "North America" is understood
to include Mexico (and, in fact, Central America as well).

I've seen definitions of Central America which include part of Mexico
(recently posted here, in fact, though that's not the first place).
I've seen others which say that Central America is everything from
Guatemala to Panama--and then go on to say that North America is
Canada, the US, and Mexico, apparently leaving Belize in no-mans-land.

Thomas