Re: Web applications

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 03:48:02PM +0300, Kai Hendry wrote:
> Mysql on a remote machine sounds less proper to me. :) But good point.
> This problem needs to be solved.

How about a mysql virtual package for a debian package to depend on
whereby if a mysql-server at al is not installed a dialogue (questions!)
are posed to the administrator.

These questions are simply informing the system where the mysql server
is and it's debian-sys-maint super user details. This is for for
dependent packages to use with the minimum of fuss.

With ODBC in mind, I don't think we should waste time abstracting for
other DBMSs for the moment.