Re: Building additional kernel drivers with Debian kernel-source

* Otto Wyss wrote:

> All I want is to build the fusion kernel driver from DirectFB
> "http://www.directfb.org"; to work with the Debian kernel 2.4.26.

Ah, all right. I misunderstood your intentions, I thought you were packaging
some kernel module (as this would have been ontopic on -devel ;-) )

> How can  I do this the simplest and fastest way? I don't need the correct
> solution as long as it works since I need this driver for testing. Any
> working hack is welcomed.

Hm, in this case I would perhaps grab kernel-source-2.4.26 (*),
copy /boot/config-2.4.26-$WHATEVERARCHVERSION to .config in that directory
and make oldconfig. You might need to do a make dep, I don't know. Then you
can use kernel-source-2.4.26 to build against.

This is untested and comes without warranty, good luck ;-)

Regards,
Sebastian

(*) Yeah, I know I told you to take kernel-headers instead but I was lead be
false assumptions on your intentions ;-)

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6